Covid Vaccination and Booster Clinic Tomorrow, April 28, 2022 at COA
Folks, a little bird told me that there are not big numbers heading in for boosters tomorrow here in Weston, home to almost 12,000 people, all of whom definitely do NOT want to get Covid. I got hit by Covid myself on April Fool’s Day (no joke) while traveling in Virginia for a soccer tournament. In spite of double vaccination and one booster, Covid got me, but relatively lightly compared to those who are not vaccinated. I will tell you if you have not experienced Covid, that it is not fun at all, and anyone who has had it will tell you the same. I never got the cough but I lost taste and smell for almost a week, and a trip across the room felt like a major journey. The fatigue was real. And I had to drive home from Richmond.
Which is all to say, if you haven’t boosted, and you are eligible, get thee to the vaccination clinic tomorrow, April 28 from 10 am-12 pm at the Council on Aging at 20 Alphabet Lane. Please read the following detailed information from the town and register in advance.
All people ages 12 years and older should receive a primary series of vaccine and 1 booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some adults may receive a second booster dose:
- Adults ages 18-49 years: Those who received Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine as both their primary series dose and booster dose may receive an mRNA COVID-19 booster dose at least 4 months after the Janssen booster dose.
- Adults ages 50 years and older: A second mRNA booster dose could benefit people ages 50 years and older, as they are at increased risk for severe COVID-19.
People ages 50 years and older may choose to receive a second booster dose, if it has been at least 4 months after the first booster.
Click here to register for direct access to the registration website. Please enter which vaccine you prefer during registration in the drop-down box as the Board of Health will be offering both the Moderna and Pfizer.
If you are unable to get to a community vaccination location call (833) 983-0485 to reach the Massachusetts Central In-Home Vaccination scheduling line, or the Council on Aging at (781) 786-6280 and ask to speak with our social worker, Joyce McSweeney.
Even more info:
- Individuals will be vaccinated free of charge regardless of insurance coverage. If insured, please enter insurance information in the online registration. Once registered online there is no need to bring an insurance card to the clinic.
- For telephone assistance in registration call the Council on Aging at 781-786-6280.
- If you are coming for a booster, please bring your CDC vaccine card.
- For homebound vaccine call: In-Home Vaccination Central Intake Line at (833) 983-0485
- If this date doesn’t work for you, visit VaxFinder.Mass.Gov to find another date/time. We’re working to schedule additional clinic dates. Check our website for updates and COVID-19 information and health resources at www.WestonMA.gov/health