Register for Vax and Vote Clinic This Saturday May 7 in Weston
Want to have fun voting AND get your Covid-19 vaccination or booster in the same place? Who comes up with these co-marketing things? Ah, here we go–sponsored by the Board of Health. Honestly, I think the BOH missed a chance to call this the “Stick and Pick” but I’ll accept the Vax and Vote.
This Saturday, May 7, 2022 from 9 am -12 pm you can get vaccinated/boosted/stuck before or after voting in the town election. The clinic will be held at the Town Hall on the first floor. All participants get blow pops. Well, not sure about that but I hope so.
Please select Pfizer or Moderna as your product of choice when registering. The clinic is open to ages 12+ for both initial vaccination series or booster doses.
More nitty gritty:
All people ages 12 years and older should receive a primary series of vaccine and one booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some adults may receive a second booster dose:
- Adults ages 18-49 years: Those who received Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine as both their primary series dose and booster dose may receive an mRNA COVID-19 booster dose at least 4 months after the Janssen booster dose.
- Adults ages 50 years and older: A second mRNA booster dose could benefit people ages 50 years and older, as they are at increased risk for severe COVID-19.
Register in Advance:
Click here for direct access to the registration website. Please enter which vaccine you prefer during registration in the drop-down box as the Board of Health will be offering both the Moderna and Pfizer.
- Individuals will be vaccinated free of charge regardless of insurance coverage. If insured, please enter insurance information in the online registration. Once registered online there is no need to bring an insurance card to the clinic.
- For telephone assistance in registration call the Council on Aging at 781- 786-6280.
- If you are coming for a booster, please bring your CDC vaccine card.
- For homebound vaccine call: In-Home Vaccination Central Intake Line at (833) 983-0485
- If this date doesn’t work for you visit VaxFinder.Mass.Gov to find another date/time. We’re working to schedule additional clinic dates. Check the town website for updates and COVID-19 information and health resources at www.WestonMA.gov/health
Questions can be directed to:
- Weston Public Health Nurse Line
Vote and Vax, vax and vote. It’s all good.