Important Town Calendar Dates and a Farewell to Anthony Senesi
Okay, seriously now, stop sending me stuff to post. I must pack. Fine, I think I have two more posts and then I am done for now and shall lock my email. Haha, no.
First things first. Last week, the Owl was informed by Anthony Senesi, assistant to the Town Manager, that he is leaving the building. What? I’m “arrasada” which means “devastated” in Portuguese. If you haven’t met Anthony, you have still benefited from all he does for the Town which includes meeting management, posting, Celebrate Westoning, humoring the Wes-TEN and the Owl, and keeping us all in the know (see list of calendar dates below). And if you have met him, you will know that he is going to be very missed–his upbeat attitude and funny asides totally make my day.
Anthony is moving to the south shore where I never ever go and working for the Town of Plymouth probably caring for a small and frequently graffiti-d small rock. Fine, probably not that. Anthony, I shall miss your voice, your humor and your energy. And organization skills– which I sorely lack. Apparently you now need to cheer for Eagles which are cool but not as cool as Wildcats. They’re not; quit your arguing. Anthony’s last day is June 30. After that the Owl will be doing all the minutes for town committee meetings and I shall be allowed editorial comment. Yeah, not true in any way.
Onwards. Here’s the schedule for Weston for the rest of the year (fiscal year 2022-23) important stuff like resident shredding:
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day – generally it is once every year… but due to demand it is BACK in the fall. September 10, 2022, 9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m. Location: Weston Department of Public Works, 190 Boston Post Road, Weston, MA: https://www.weston.org/DocumentCenter/View/331/Hazardous-Waste-Collection-Information—FY23-PDF
- Brush Dump Dates: Fall of 2022 – from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: October 15, 22, 29 & November 5, 12, 19: Spring of 2023 – four Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: April 8, 15, 22, 29. All the info is here: https://www.weston.org/DocumentCenter/View/337/Yard-Waste-Procedures-and-Schedule-FY23-PDF
- Resident Shredding Day – the annual event is now happening TWICE in a year. November 12, 2022 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM: https://www.weston.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=10960&month=11&year=2022&day=14&calType=0
- 2022 September Special Town Meeting: https://www.weston.org/1780/2022-September-Special-Town-Meeting on September 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m at the Weston High School Auditorium.
- 2022 September Special Town Meeting Warrant is Now Open until July 12, 2022 – any Citizens’ Petitions must be filed/completed by July 12, 2022. Info about petitions here: https://www.weston.org/428/Request-an-Article-by-Petition
- 2023 Annual Caucus – March 6, 2023, 7 p.m., Weston Town Hall, Sears Auditorium, 11 Town House Road
- 2023 Annual Election – May 6, 2023, 8 to 6 p.m., all precincts report to Town Hall Auditorium
- 2023 Annual Town Meeting – Monday, May 8, 2023 (if needed May 10 and May 15). Weston HS Auditorium at 7:00 pm.