Weston Summer Concert Series Begins Wednesday, June 15
Okay, Weston, it is time to stop being interesting so I can get out of here for a little R&R&S (“S” for soccer of which there will be a lot in my life for the next two weeks). It is impossible not to plug the Summer Concert Series which is led by Weston Recreation and sponsored by Cambridge Trust, because it is such a nice scene out there on summer Wednesday evenings with kids dancing and community members in their portable chairs and never ever imbibing prohibited drinks in their Yetis. Ever.
The first Wednesday features ICE CREAM sponsored by Brothers Marketplace. The Owl is sorry to miss it as she will be winging her way towards the left coast at precisely this time. I will be back in time for Black Sea Salsa which I must say sounds quite intriguing. Also it makes me think we need a taco truck there–yeah, I know, the other salsa.
Come on out and enjoy–it’s free and fun! 6 Wednesdays, 7-8:30 pm at the Town Green.
All concerts take place Wednesdays, 7 PM on Weston Town Green, weather permitting.
- June 15 – Ice Cream Social featuring the Flashback Band. Playing hits from the ’60s through the ’80’s and covering styles from Country to Motown. *Free ice cream from 6:30 – 7:30 PM, sponsored by Brothers Marketplace.
- June 22 – The Wolverine Jazz Band. Among the finest purveyors of vintage jazz on the east coast, featuring tunes by Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and some forgotten Dixieland gems from the Jazz era.
- June 29 – Black Sea Salsa. Bringing their 6-person combo to Weston, Black Sea Salsa blends Armenian and Afro-Cuban influences in an energetic, eminently danceable fashion.
- July 6 – The Reminisants. A fan favorite, The Reminisants will return with oldies from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- July 13 – The Twangtown Paramours. A husband and wife duo from Nashville Tennessee, the Twangtown Paramours deliver a sophisticated Americana style through award-winning songs and fine harmonies.
- July 20 – Knock On Wood. Playing classics from well-known singer-songwriters, mixing family friendly comedy with creative original songs.