Signs of the Season: WHS Winter Sports Meetings
First of all, please know that fall sports are not over yet for three Weston HS teams: Girls Volleyball won yesterday and is on to the Round of Eight, Cross Country has two meets left, and the Football team has a game this evening at 7 pm at home, and of course the Thanksgiving Day game on…wait for it… Thanksgiving Day.
In spite of this, we all know it’s time to move on to snow sports and indoor sports, and Weston High School has a lot of them. If you have a high schooler who has not participated in sports in the past, consider trying something new. The Owl is a particular fan of nordic skiing, in spite of having no owlets participating, because it is a lifetime sport–see you out in the Conservation woods, all!
The Winter Pre-Season Player/Parent Meetings will be held on Monday, November 14th at 6:00pm at Weston High School. These will be sports- specific meetings. All families and student-athletes should try to attend. Within each of these meetings, the coaches will talk about team expectations, the tryout process, practices, game/meet/race schedules and much more which will be helpful once the season begins on Monday, November 28th.
- HS Winter Sports Start Date: Monday, November 28th
- All student-athletes should have an up to date physical on file with the school nurse
- All student-athletes must be registered on FamilyID (www.familyid.com)
- Please be sure to follow Weston Athletics on Twitter: @WestonAthletic. Twitter is used to communicate all varsity scores, highlights, etc., as well as any schedule changes or important athletic department information.
- All team schedules are easily accessible on Arbiterlive – Click Here (schedules will be complete within the next few weeks)
~ Winter Season Bus Information: Pick-up at High School (Bus schedules may change slightly. If so, new times will be communicated)
- 4:30pm – In-town (Weston)
- 5:30pm – In-town (Weston) & Boston
- 7:10pm – Boston (Mon.-Fri. – first two weeks of practices/ Mon.-Thur. – remainder of season)
*On Game/Meet days please be sure to make alternate pick-up arrangements
~ Winter Coaches: Contact Information/Meeting Room:
Alpine Skiing – Room 5
Coach: Cary Gumbert – email@example.com
Girls Basketball – Room 3
Coach: Catherine Louis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Basketball – GEC
Coach: Patrick Watson – email@example.com
Girls Hockey – Room 7
Coach: Jess Greenwood – firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Hockey – Room 8
Coach: Alex Marlow – email@example.com
Indoor Track – Cafeteria
Coach: Jason Montrose – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordic Skiing – Room 6
Coach: Nicole Freedman – email@example.com
Swim/Dive – Media Center
Coach: Jim McLaughlin – firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrestling – Room 4
Coach: Travis Anza – email@example.com
Is it not spectacular how many sports our 650ish-student high school offers?? Go ‘cats!