Housekeeping: The Owl as Public Relations Firm
From time to time, the Owl posts some site reminders/ information for readers. Super boring, I know. Scroll on by if you know everything. As a reminder, the Owl is a blog and not an objective media source though most of the time, the laser-like accuracy of the posts is stunning.
So it never fails: the Owl posts a story about a business, a restaurant recommendation or even a senior profile, and I get at least one email saying “hey, how come you’re focusing on them and not me or she or whatever?” I like these emails almost as much as the ones that say “post this information” as if this is a newspaper for the Town of Weston, which is not. Or worse, an unpaid public relations firm.
So here’s what I will tell you about the role of the Weston Owl as your unpaid public relations firm:
- If you are a Weston non profit or community group, it is likely I will post your stuff, especially if you have included something in it that I deem funny. I am easily amused. I may not post it THAT EXACT DAY because…and I know this is hard to believe…I have a life and another day job. Also owlets and a Mr. Owl. So please be patient and I do my best.
- If you are a for-profit business and in the town of Weston, it is also likely I will post your stuff but only if you tell me about it and I subjectively think readers will enjoy learning about it. I am not touring the mean streets of Weston for stories, I simply don’t have the time. Got something cool going on? Tell me. There is no charge for awesomeness…that there is a Kung Fu Panda quote. If I post about one place, it does not mean that I won’t post about another or that one is better than another…I mean, can’t we all just get along? Also a quote but from the LA race riots of late last century.
- If you are a for-profit firm that makes millions of dollars a year and you want something posted, hire a PR firm and also me, you can have a sponsored post for slightly less than your current revenues.
- Super occasionally I make a mistake. An errant pellet of info. I take feedback marginally well. Be nice.
- In particular, I do want to point out that I would love to do a profile of every single Weston senior. Surprisingly I don’t know every single one of the class of 2023. Watch out when it’s your turn, Class of 2025, because you I know–start answering the questions now. If any reader is the parent or neighbor or friend of a Weston High School senior I have not profiled and who might be interested, please ask them to send me a note at email@example.com.
And now on to getting ready for the Dual County League Championships in Outdoor Track–today and this evening at Proctor Field at Weston High School.
Thank you for keeping Weston in the know, Kristin!! We really do appreciate the time and effort (and humor) you put into your stories!!
Feel free to focus. once on my home office Chiropractic business if you so please.
living on a Hill with owls, we all sooo appreciate your ‘wise owl’
news, features, and anecdotes. we try to take/make time to have a
healthy chuckle or two. keep your keen eyes and sharp talons ready for the prey!
kind regards, ML
That’s right go ‘cats track and field!!