COA Local and Global Discussion Group: “What’s the Local Buzz” – November 9
On November 9 from 1:15 to 2:30 pm, the Local and Global Discussion Group of the Weston Council on Aging will once again turn its collective attention from international topics to local ones. Organizer Susan Wagner calls it the “What’s the Local Buzz” session. Weston resident and mega volunteer Joel Angiolillo will lead the discussion. The meeting will be held in person, as well as over Zoom.
The group will be exploring a few of the local issues people are talking about on the street, including:
- What are the new building codes (to be applied to new construction only) to achieve more energy efficiency? Nick Christman, chair of the Sustainability Committee will present this issue.
- What is the Unified Planning Committee and what is it working on? Presenter will be Select Board Chair Laurie Bent.
- What is the status with our Town Center rehab, including the JST? Joel Angiolillo will lead this discussion.
- What is the status of the Mass Central Rail Trail east and west of Weston? Joel Angiolillo will lead the discussion.
- When are we getting a comfort dog for the Town of Weston? Oh fine, the Owl added this one. Not actually a thing except in my wildest dreams.
The group will cover as many topics as we have time for. The event is open to all who are interested in learning about and discussing current issues in civil discourse around the table.
For further information on this meeting in particular or the group in general or to request a Zoom link, contact the Council on Aging at 781-786-6280.
Participants are invited to stay until 4 pm for informal socializing and discussions–and to look at art (hold please for that post).